Our mission is to promote and support responsible beekeeping practices; that benefit honeybees, beekeepers, our citizens and our environment throughout the Coastal Empire Low Country; where we live and call home.
Meetings: 2015 UPDATE
CEBA moved their regular meeting(s) to the Oatland Island Wildlife Center during the 2014 partnership with Oatland. We will be meeting on the following Monday nights:
January 12th – AnnualBusiness Meeting
March 9th – Guest Speaker: David Arnal
May 11th – Guest Speaker
July 13th – Guest Speaker
Sept 14th – Guest Speaker
Nov 9th – Guest Speaker
We will still have a social time from 6:00 – 6:30 PM for members and visitors to gather information and to talk about beekeeping. We also serve a light food tray and coffee during this time. Our focus for 2015 will be guest speaker(s) in lieu of meeting(s). We will start the evening at 06:30 for any announcments and then turn it over to the speaker for the evening. Please come join us!
The interest in beekeeping is spiking again for CEBA, especially with our programs growing at Oatland. We will continue to provide our annual Oatland Island Fundamentals of Beekeeping as we invite members and visitors to come and learn more about this exciting hobby.
Saturday Events on Oatland Island:
CEBA will also now be holding regular apiary workshops on the second Saturday of each month. We will alternate a speaker in the bee yard for even numbered months. Please check our calendar page for the schedule. Meetings times will be at 2:00 PM unless otherwise posted.
Oatland Island Wildlife Center
711 Sandtown Rd. Savannah, Ga. 31410
Membership is open to the public, anyone may join our organization.JOIN read more
If you have general questions or would like to know more about the Coastal Empire Beekeeping Association, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Coastal Empire Beekeepers
502 US Highway 80 W
PO BOX 241
Pooler, GA 31322
Or utilize this form to send a quick message:
The 2015 CEBA Membership Benefits continue to grow and we hope you take advantage of this opportunity.
Below are a few of the major changes coming your way as the results of the January Business meeting:
- Speakers are already funded for each of the regular club meetings (March, May, July, September, November).
- Apiary workshops will take place on the 2nd Saturday of each month, in the afternoons (2:00 PM).
- Apiary speakers are already funded and will be teaching in the following months (Feb, April, June, August, October) on Saturday afternoon.
- We will get our CEBA Honey Contest upgraded to more than just a black jar taste contest. We are bringing in some judges!
Benefits are increasing for CEBA members:
- Our continuous education by bringing in speakers each month will help you to learn advanced beekeeping without leaving Savannah.
- Our sugar program is stocked with 1 – 3 lb individually premeasure packages. Sugar will be available starting February 14th.
- Wilbanks Bee Packages for early delivery have already been placed for our club. Members may start their deposits at the January Business Meeting.
- We have added a 3rd Honey Extractor that will allow more members to be extracting on the same weekends.
- We are bringing back our CEBA Club Low Country Boil for the members that will be held between Summer/Fall seasons. JM Sikes will continue to provide his expertise in this style of cooking.
- We will begin our membership into the Georgia Beekeepers Association in 2015, which in turn will provide more opportunities for our club.
- The CEBA Shack is nearly finished and will be fully operation for our apiary yard weekends. The shed will have full electrical power, large stainless sinks, and HOT water for cleaning and/or mixing sugar syrup.
Please continue check our website activities for more benefits coming your way!